Learn Barista and Latte Art Skills from National Brewers Champion
- Course Code: TGS-2019500675
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Language: English | Mandarin
- Course Capacity: Up to 6 pax
Learn Barista and Latte Art Skills from National Brewers Champion which is 100% SkillsFuture Credit-Claimable, introduce fundamental coffee knowledge and barista skills to people with no previous barista experience.
Learn the practical skills you need behind the espresso bar, able to make simple espresso drinks and latte art pattern.
- Coffee History and Main Varieties of Arabica and Robusta;
- Learn sensory differences between these two varieties;
- Introduction to main parts of espresso machine and grinder.
- Explain general guidelines of espresso extraction and demonstrate the following steps.
- Interpret the criteria of an ideal espresso and taste the differences between under-extracted espresso, over-extracted espresso and ideal espresso.
- Explain on the requirements on hygiene and organization in espresso bar.
- Learn about basic espresso calibration with the adjustment on espresso machine and grinder.
- Practice session on espresso extraction and espresso calibration.
- Introduce the fundamental steps of texturing milk and latte art pouring technique.
- Demonstrate the pouring technique of latte art heart shaped and tulip.
- Introduce several basic espresso drinks (Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte & Flat White).
- Demonstrate the making process of espresso drinks and differentiate the core flavor characteristics for the drinks.
- Practice session on latte art and espresso drinks.
At the end of the course, trainees are able to:
- Understand the historical development of coffee.
- Understand the differences between Arabica and Robusta.
- Identify the main parts of espresso machine and grinder.
- Make an espresso and froth milk by using a commercial espresso machine.
- Understand what an ideal espresso & milk foam is.
- Make espresso drinks: Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte & Flat White.
- Make simple latte art pattern: Heart & Tulip.
- Do basic espresso calibration with the adjustment on espresso machine and grinder.
- Understand the hygiene and organization required in the espresso bar.
*Applicable to learners who have $408 worth of SkillsFuture credits.
What Others Say About “Barista Coffee and Latte Art Skills” Course
“This full-day barista course has taught me more than I intended to learn about coffee calibration, and the different ways you can have coffee. The instructor was extremely patient, and friendly throughout the entire process, which made us more comfortable while learning something that is not so easy after all!
Glad I signed up for this course, and I am certain other learners will gain from this course as well! Definitely recommending to my friends who are interested to learn a whole lot more about coffee!
“We learnt a lot about the different coffee beans, how to use a coffee machine and the basics of making coffee. Chris possess a positive and enthusiastic personality and we enjoyed the lesson thoroughly.
It was a full day training session, but time flew by because we were having so much fun!”
“An engaging course! Acquire lots of knowledge and hands-on practice too!”
“Conducive venue with sufficient space. I’m satisfied that everyone has the chance to practise. Instructor has rich experience, shared many skill tips and knowledge, very good!”
“This is a good course for beginners. I think the information was well presented and since it is a small class size, we are given ample attention.”
Nadiah Shafawati Binte Ismail
Chris WongNational Brewers Champion and Latte Art Runner-Up. Chris has won prestigious awards and accolades under her belt. She won the title as a Champion in the 2016 Malaysia Brewers Cup and represented Malaysia in the World Brewers Cup in Dublin.