Espresso and Handbrewed Coffee Course
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Language: English | Mandarin
- Course Capacity: Up to 6 pax
- Certificate: No
Introduce and develop basic barista and hand-brewed coffee skills, and to bring across knowledge and understanding of how espresso machines & manual brewing equipment (V60) work.
Trainees will learn to make basic espresso drinks and hand-brewed coffee, across varied coffee preferences.
- Introduction to main parts of espresso machine and grinder.
- Explain on the general guidelines of espresso extraction and demonstrate the following steps.
- Introduce the fundamental steps of texturing milk and latte art pouring technique.
- Learn about basic espresso calibration with the adjustment on grinder.
- Introduce several basic espresso drinks (Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino & Latte).
- Demonstrate the making process of espresso drinks and differentiate the core flavor characteristics for the drinks.
- Students need to practice on espresso extraction, milk frothing, espresso calibration & making espresso drinks.
- Explain on the brewing procedure of V60 and demonstrate the following steps.
- Interpret the key brewing factors that will affect the coffee flavor: Brewing Time, Temperature & Grind Size
- Students are required to familiar with the brewing process of V60 and brew the coffee based on different variables provided to understand the effect of key brewing factors.
- Introduction to the general technique on cleaning and maintenance of espresso machine, grinder & brewing equipment.
At the end of the course, trainees are able to:
- Operate the espresso machine and grinder
- Mastery of the basic skills for espresso extraction and milk frothing
- Make Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino & Latte
- Perform basic espresso calibration on espresso machine and grinder
- Demonstrate the brewing procedure of V60
- Understand the key brewing factors to coffee flavours
- Clean and Basic Maintenance the espresso machine & brewing equipment
Chris WongNational Brewers Champion and Latte Art Runner-Up. Chris has won prestigious awards and accolades under her belt. She won the title as a Champion in the 2016 Malaysia Brewers Cup and represented Malaysia in the World Brewers Cup in Dublin.