How to Create Apps using Python with Zero Programming Knowledge (Synchronous E- Learning)
- Course Code: TGS-2021004916
- Duration: 12 Hours, 10am to 5pm on a Saturday & Sunday
- Language: English
- Course Capacity: Up to 20 Pax
What is the ONE invaluable and high-in-demand skill that will continue to be well sought-after in the coming years?
Do you know that you are living in the best era in our lifetime to seize this opportunity to harness resources and tools available to acquire this invaluable skill?
This high-in-demand, invaluable skill is CODING.
The process of being able to master the skills of coding is extremely fulfilling. As you learn coding, you’ll discover that there are several other non-coding skills that you will pick up along the way, such as problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, team-work, learning to learn, empathy, and resilience.
The current pandemic has accelerated the need to digitalise everything more than ever.
It has also created opportunities for individuals who have coding skills to create solutions that will improve societal issues, create a better future and improve the quality of lives. One of the contributions is in developing applications and intelligent robots to assist in the fight against COVID-19.
There are many programming languages that are complicated to use. If you want to be a programmer to create softwares with ease, Python is the simplest yet powerful for use.
Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world, and its application is limitless! It can be used for these global trends that will define the next decade of our lives:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Data Analytics
Big companies such as NASA, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Amazon and YouTube have been using Python for their products and services.
A report on “The Future of Jobs” by the World Economic Forum has reiterated the importance and relevance of coding. The report published AI and machine learning specialists, data analysts and scientists as well as programming as one of the top emerging job roles and skills. This is one of the reasons why Python developers are high-in-demand and will continue to be in demand in the coming years.
Coding is an important digital life skill in the 21st century. Turn this knowledge and skills learnt to create softwares that help solve societal, community issues; that help improve the quality of lives.
With the mastery of coding skills, you are empowered as a programmer to create, and we’re very excited for your huge potential and possibilities — that YOU can create a better future. That YOU can improve lives – all by creating practical apps that can help solve real-life problems! The opportunities are indeed limitless!
What’s more, if you have $500 worth of SkillsFuture credits, you are able to pick up these coding skills by attending our 12-hour live Zoom class conducted by Dr Christine Lee, without having to pay any cash upfront!
Beyond the 12-hour live Zoom class, you will also get the following bonuses and additional learning support even after you have completed the course:
- 55 Practical, Hands-On Exercises & Solutions
- Lifetime On-Demand Access to 59 Videos
- Exclusive Closed Facebook Group Support
- Email Support
- Deck of Learning Slides
- 3-Year Access to Recorded Link of the 12-hour live Zoom class you have attended, so that you can recap what you have learnt as many times as you want, at your own time and pace
The 100% SkillsFuture – Credit Claimable Course introduces the fundamentals of Python programming language. The course is practical, hands-on and fun.
Turtle Race Game – one of the 9 practical, fun apps that you will get to create, having fun in the learning process!
The fundamentals of Python programming language covered in the course will include the following:
- Data types
- Control structures
- Graphical user interface
- Game development
Concepts and skills covered in the course will enable you to develop applications to solve various problems.
You will learn how to create Applications using Python. You will:
- Download and Install Python, and an Integrated Development Environment
- Design a program to solve problem using flowcharts
- Use the print and input functions to display and read data
- Visualise and document your code
- Perform operations on data types including strings and numbers
- Perform operations on lists and dictionaries
- Write conditional statements and loops
- Define and use functions with input and output
- Use the Random and Turtle modules in game development
WHAT YOU WILL BE GETTING
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Introduction to Python S.T.E.P.S
- Writing your First Python Program
- Lesson 2: Input and Output
- Project: Personalised Motivational Quote
- Printing in Python
- String Manipulation
- The Python input() Function
- Python Variables
- Visualizing your Program
- Documenting your Program
- Lesson 3: Data Types and Operators
- Project: Guess the Numbers
- Python Standard Data Types
- Type Error, Type Checking and Type Conversion
- Mathematical Operators
- Number Manipulation and f Strings
- ASCII Art
- Lesson 4: Decision Making
- Project: Adventure Game
- Control Flow with if / else
- Nested if and elif
- Multiple if statements
- Logical Operators
- Lesson 5: Randomisation and Lists
- Project: Rock Paper Scissors
- Random Module
- List Manipulation
- Working with Nested Lists
- Lesson 6: Loops
- Project: Password Generator
- for loop with Lists
- for loop and range() function
- while loop
- Lesson 7: Dictionaries
- Project: Weekly Grocery List
- Defining a Dictionary
- Dictionary Manipulation
- Nesting Lists and Dictionaries
- Lesson 8: Functions
- Project: Caesar Cipher
- Defining and Calling Functions
- Arguments and Parameters
- Functions with Inputs
- Functions with Outputs
- Lesson 9: Graphical User Interface
- Project: Greeting Card Creator
- Understanding Turtle Graphics
- Drawing different Shapes
- Writing Text with Turtle
- Understanding the Turtle Coordinate System
- Lesson 10: Animation and Game
- Project: Animal Crossing Game
- Create the Animal Behaviour
- Create the Car Behaviour
- Detect Collision
- Detect Successful Level Completion
- Update Scoreboard and Game Over
- Using images
At the end of the course, trainee is able to:
- Demonstrate procedural programming paradigm
- Develop programs to solve real-world problems
- Apply conditional statements, loops, and built-in data structures
- Create Graphical User Interface (GUI) applications with animation
This course is for you, if:
- You do not have any programming knowledge
- You’re keen to learn Python programming language to develop desktop applications
- You recognise that coding is an essential and important digital skills to acquire in the 21st century
- You want to learn a new skill to bullet-proof your career or job prospects
- You want to upskill as a Software Developer, Web Developer, Full Stack Web Developer, Programmer, Software Engineer or Software Analyst
*Applicable to learners who have $500 worth of SkillsFuture credits.
What Others Say About “Create Apps using Python with Zero Programming Knowledge” course
“The Course is very well illustrated and informative. Although I am still in the beginning stage of this course, coming from a person with zero programming knowledge and looking to expand my skillsets, I find this course very engaging and enjoyable. I have recommended this course to my wife and would do so to my other friends as well.”
Lionel Poore, Executive, Product, Tune Talk
“Excellent course. Explanations are clear and objective. All the lectures and supporting materials are very well prepared. The application developed in each topic very well supports the concepts learned. It is really possible to learn a lot of Python, especially if you start with zero programming knowledge.”
Anand Pandiyan, Lecturer in Computer and Information Science
“Love the way you teach, Dr Christine. I am learning both Python as well as best practices in teaching from you. You are an amazing instructor.”
Jey Lingam Burkhardt, Lecturer
“I am thinking of my sweet time learning Python. I thought with my age, I would be struggling over programming again. But, I was wrong as Dr Christine’s proven method has made the module looks super interesting. Everyone can grab a good knowledge in here. I think the most important thing is, take our own pace and time to enjoy through the module. It will definitely give me benefits. Hope I can complete some simple assignments after that. Thank you, Christine.”
Edward Phoon, Director, MindMapper Solution
“I found this Python course to be very structured. It was easy to follow. The pace was just right for me. I didn’t feel overwhelmed at all. Dr. Christine Lee’s voice is pleasant to hear. Overall, I would recommend to all those interested in learning Python.”
Sahaya Jasudasen, Manager, Data Analytics
“I found the course interesting, understandable and challenging. I learnt a lot and it gave me a good grounding in basic Python programming. The course come with excellent structure, and it is engaging with hands-on practice. Furthermore, the instructor has a beautiful voice and she is able to explain the concept in a clear, detailed and understandable manner. I am looking forward for other courses from her. Thanks a lot for the great learning experiences.”
Sin Chee, Computing Lecturer
Dr Christine LeePhD in Intelligent Tutoring Systems relating to Artificial Intelligence | Professional Certified Trainer, Human Resources Development Fund | Taught programming for 26 years | Tech Advisor