Learn Barista and Latte Art Skills from National Brewers Champion
Learn Barista and Latte Art Skills from National Brewers Champion which is 100% SkillsFuture Credit-Claimable, introduce fundamental coffee knowledge and barista skills to people with no previous barista experience. Learn the practical skills you need behind the espresso bar, able to make simple espresso drinks and latte art pattern.
- Coffee History and Main Varieties of Arabica and Robusta;
- Learn sensory differences between these two varieties;
- Introduction to main parts of espresso machine and grinder.
- Explain general guidelines of espresso extraction and demonstrate the following steps.
- Interpret the criteria of an ideal espresso and taste the differences between under-extracted espresso, over-extracted espresso and ideal espresso.
- Explain on the requirements on hygiene and organization in espresso bar.
- Learn about basic espresso calibration with the adjustment on espresso machine and grinder.
- Practice session on espresso extraction and espresso calibration.
- Introduce the fundamental steps of texturing milk and latte art pouring technique.
- Demonstrate the pouring technique of latte art heart shaped and tulip.
- Introduce several basic espresso drinks (Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte & Flat White).
- Demonstrate the making process of espresso drinks and differentiate the core flavor characteristics for the drinks.
- Practice session on latte art and espresso drinks.
At the end of the course, trainees are able to:
- Understand the historical development of coffee.
- Understand the differences between Arabica and Robusta.
- Identify the main parts of espresso machine and grinder.
- Make an espresso and froth milk by using a commercial espresso machine.
- Understand what an ideal espresso & milk foam is.
- Make espresso drinks: Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte & Flat White.
- Make simple latte art pattern: Heart & Tulip.
- Do basic espresso calibration with the adjustment on espresso machine and grinder.
- Understand the hygiene and organization required in the espresso bar.
No upfront cash required.
Thank you for your interest to register for our 100% SkillsFuture credit-claimable Learn Barista Coffee and Latte Art by National Brewers Champion.
Here are the steps on how to claim your SkillsFuture credits for the course:
Register for the course here:
Upon entering your registration details in the registration link, you will receive an automated course invoice emailed to your inbox within 10 minutes after you register.
Do make sure that you enter the correct email address in the registration link as your course invoice will be sent to the email address that you keyed in.
Your course invoice is attached in an email titled “A new PDF has been sent to you!”. If you can’t find it, please retrieve the email from your spam/junk box.
Get ready your course invoice, and go to
Click on “Claim SkillsFuture Credit” and log in with your Singpass.
For a step-by-step guide on how to claim your SkillsFuture credits, head over to: http://www.trivelope.com/how-to-claim-skillsfuture-credits/
Email your SkillsFuture Credit Claim ID screenshot to email@example.com as a proof of receipt and confirmation of your registration and attendance for the class date. Email us your claim screenshot as a file and title file name as per your NRIC full name.
The maximum number of learners per class is capped at 6 learners, to ensure an optimal learning experience and deliver successful learning outcomes for our learners.
Should the class that you have registered and claimed credits for be at full capacity, we will reach out to you, and inform you to enrol in the next available class.
We look forward to providing you with a great learning experience in the acquisition of barista coffee and latte art skills in class!
- Course Code: TGS-2019500675
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Language: English ; Mandarin
- Course Capacity: 6
Chris WongThe National Brewers Champion | Chris has won prestigious awards and accolades under her belt. She won the title as a Champion in the 2016 Malaysia Brewers Cup and represented Malaysia in the World Brewers Cup in Dublin.