Introduce fundamental barista skills to people with no previous barista experience. Learn the practical skills in creating New Beverages for the cafe setting
At the end of the course, trainees are able to:
Gain knowledge of Barista’s roles & responsibilities as well as the required skills, knowledge and tasks assigned to Barista, in order for a newly hired barista to perform his/her job effectively.
Gain knowledge of the various types of glassware used for different types of drinks, to enable efficient task performance while preparing and serving the drinks.
Develop workplace hygiene cleanliness and best practices
Demonstrate the appropriate product knowledge of the series of non-alcoholic beverages.
Carry out the preparation for barista during the opening shift, mid-shift as well as the closing of the outlet.
Prepare the mise-en-place for the series of beverage garnishes
- Dry stock
- Garnishes on respective Drinks
- Hot Beverages (without the commercial coffee machine)
Prepare and serve beverages for the 6 different types of drink series:
- Iced Fruity Soda Series
- Milkshake Series
- Iced Coffee Series
- Mocktails Series
- Iced Premium Blended Drinks
- Iced Cold Drinks
- Develop a beverages listing, for Barista to purchase items when stocks run out.
- Know the costing of beverages, and as a result, can assess and determine a suitable selling price against the desired/suitable profit margin.
- Present different types of beverages in a menu appropriately.
- In a hands-on session, the trainee will able to create their own newly-created beverage creation for:
either an Iced- Blended Coffee Premium drink or Iced Mocktail.
Target audience/Learner’s Profile
Trainee / Service Assistant
No prior work experience required
Basic English language 0r Chinese proficiency required
16 hours (Two Day)
$688 inclusive of GST
This course is participative activity-oriented and customer- service centric. Knowledge and skills are transferred through experiential learning with the practical hands-on session for the creation of new beverages.